We want to place our animals in homes that will be theirs for life, and therefore want to ensure the best animal-human match. Our adoption process is built to help us do that.
To adopt a pet, you must be at least 18 years old.
To begin, we ask that you thoughtfully consider the following before deciding to adopt.
- Are you financially able to provide for the animal’s needs? These include: food; supplies such as cat litter, dog chews, carriers/crates; veterinary care; licenses; and training.
- Have you considered Pet Insurance?
- What will you do with your pet if you need to travel?
- Are you able to have a pet in your home, with landlord’s permission if you rent? Is your home “pet-proofed” and safe?
- Have you considered a growing need for space & resources if adopting a puppy, especially if a large to giant sized breed (mix) puppy?
- Are you ready to welcome your new pet into your home, with consent of all adults in your household? If you have children, are they ready for an animal?